19 April 2005

About time

Well, I've spent so much time reading and admiring other people's food blogs I thought it was about high time I started one myself. I even signed up on Blogger ages ago only to have my membership languish. A couple of things called sheer laziness and a natural tendency towards procrastination has prevented me thus far...

Anyway, this is a good a time as any as I have just been working at a one star Michelin restaurant in Paris. It's called Les Ormes at 22 rue Surcouf in the 7th arrondissement and it was fantastic!!! Not only is the food delectable, the chef and his team are superb. It was an experience of a lifetime. I've posted some pictures for your viewing pleasure!

It was so reassuring and refreshing to see someone who cooks such lovely food, uses ingredients wisely and seasonally yet is generous, almost too much so. Everything is made from scratch; the puff pastry, the ice creams/sorbets, the stocks, everything. I learned heaps, in fact I didn't want to leave. Anyway, I will be working on some of the things I learned and will post as I go.

Ciao for now, time to eat!

No comments: